Your app currently targets API level 27

I get the following warning when uploading to the Google Play Store and I’m wondering if this is something that Dropsource fixes possibly on the back end:

Your app currently targets API level 27 and must target at least API level 28 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance.

Interesting. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We probably need to make an update on our side but you can fix this on your end in the mean time.

Here’s some resources showing where to adjust this in Android Studio.

https://www.google.com/search?q=android+studio+update+api+level&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS593US593&oq=android+studio+update+api&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.4686j0j0&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

—-
@nate_frechette heads up, we might need to update the api level on Android for project minimums.

Will watch to see if it resolves itself after the dropsource team addresses it within the back end.

Justin, With engineering pushing hard on the next iteration of Dropsource at this time, I don’t think this update is coming soon. You’ll want to make the manual change in Android Studio so you can move forward.