Video upload and display

Before I go all in with dropsource I would like to know if it would be possible for my users to upload videos and display them in the app ?

Thanks for the feedback

Best

Y

Hi @yanisbensalem, I don’t believe you would currently be able to do this, you can allow your app users to upload photos via api but not videos at the moment. Let’s move this to the feature requests category so that we have a record of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe it is not the right place to ask this but are there other solutions out there that allow to do this?

Thanks

Y

Hello,

I ve just read this on dropsource website:

« Access Camera and Photo library

Your app users will love the ability to natively capture or add their own photos and videos to your app. With this feature, your users can natively create, upload and build photo galleries in your app, take and submit new profile pictures, or add videos to a post! »

This is exactly what I want to do with the videos, add videos to a post ! Is this possible?

Thanks

Yanis

Hi there, your users can capture videos using the device camera, but you can’t currently upload them from there to a backend database via REST API.

Thanks for the feedback

Where the video can be sent then? Do you offer a space to store the video?
Can the video be added to a post as the website says?

Thanks

Yanis

Apologies for any confusion, all you can do is allow the user to launch the camera on their device, but you can’t import the video into your app. The website text is a little confusing so our marketing team is going to update it to clear that up.

Ok no pb

Do you think this feature will be added soon or not?

Best

Yanis

Hi Yanis, thanks for your understanding. Unfortunately I’d be surprised if this was added to Dropsource soon.

Hello Sue,

Me again with regards to the video display :slight_smile:

Do you think it would be doable with dropsource to add a webview linked to a cloudinary URL in order to display a video stored on cloudinary?

Thanks

Best

Y

Hi Yanis, that sounds like it might work but the only way to find out for sure is to try it…! :grinning:

i ll give it a try and let you know :slight_smile:

Can we have access to the video files on mobile through dropsource and then upload them to cloudinary please?

Best

Y

Sorry I’m not 100% clear on what you’re asking, you can’t upload videos via the Dropsource editor or a Dropsource app - does that answer your question?

Sorry if it is not clear

Basically is the following possible?

A user record a video with his mobile and then display it in the app …but that means that the app will take the video and store it in cloudinary and display it via a webview

I am trying to build a social network…so just imagine facebook

Thanks again Sue and sorry to bother :wink:

No bother! :slightly_smiling_face:

OK got it, no unfortunately you can’t currently upload a user recorded video from a Dropsource app.

but can we do it in a different way?
clicking on a button allow to upload a video from the device to cloudinary and as we have a webview pointing on cloudinary we then can display the video?

Would that work?

You could certainly try it but I will be surprised if it works as I believe the web view is restricted in terms of the user uploading files.

you’re right i need to find a way to trigger the upload…are images the only format that could be uploaded via app?

I believe you’ll have trouble uploading anything other than images yes.

One more question today (should be the last :slight_smile: )

Once i download the code, i suppose i can modify the code to integrate the video features (at least a developer could help me do that), is it doable in your opinion?