[Resolved] Publishing IOS and Android App

Hello ,

I am trying to publish IOS and Android, so I downloaded the Xcode , seems working fine, except for notification One_signal , do I need to add some code, ( because I don’t see any code relative to one_signal ) or is it embedded when we download the code

Edit: I see the oneSignal framework in the xcode, is it enough ?

Thanks

Hi @LOIC, asked our engineers - the code on iOS should be in AppDelegate.swift if that helps, all it does it initialize OneSignal.

Hi @sue, yes I saw that, so it works quite well for IOS, will try Android tommorow.

Edit: I published Android as well , I just had an issue on the android code, there was an error when building the APK,

I needed to add this in the Gradle Scripts in Android Studio to fix the problem.

android {
dexOptions {
javaMaxHeapSize “4g”
}
}

More details here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33075646/getting-out-of-memory-issue-after-updating-buildtoolsversion-23-0-1-in-android?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

After 3 weeks of short nights, successful build and many failed build, questions, less hairs! frustration, hope, satisfaction…both of my apps are published!!
I really want to thanks the Dropsource team and the forum, for their help and patience.

Apple accepted my app yesterday , but today same app, just few UX change , and I got this email each time

"We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “PickNextDoor”. Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data."

in info.plist file, the description of usage location is the same , I don’t understand

Thanks

I’ve asked for some engineering help on this btw :grin:

I tried again this morning without any changes , and accepted, a bug from Apple I guess

Oh weird, thanks for the update @LOIC!

I am trying to test my IOS app, I downloaded the Xcode and have changed the Onesignal bundle ID to match the one I set up with one signal, but Push notification are not working. My users are not getting prompted to confirm notifications

Hi there, did you get your push notifications certificate for this from @wade already?

No, I created my own push notification certificate through Apple. I thought that was the route to go since I downloaded the source code?

Hi @ryley. Push notification certificates rely on being setup with the correct Bundle ID for the app. When you’re testing a dropsource app, you’ll have a preset-by-us, bundle id in your app. I have to create the push notification certificate for you in these testing instances.

If you Build you project in the Dropsource editor for a Device Build, you can pass me the successful Build ID, and I can present you with the testing Push Certificate you’ll need.

When it comes time to deploy your production level app, the Bundle ID is then adjusted in your app to the 1 associated with your developer account and the Push Notification Certificate you’ve created through Apple will be the 1 that applies to your production level app.

Can I get a test push notification cert? Build ID: 1123260007065249846

Hi chris,

I can provide this for you. Is this a Device Build id or 1 for the simulator? I just need a device build id as it’s prepped with additional files that allow me to make a push notification certificate for it.

The build ID I provided was a device build ID.

I see it now. Thanks Chris. I will process this and personal message you the .p12 file as soon as I receive it.

Thanks for reaching out, Chris.

Chris, I sent you a private message with your push certificate.

Thanks for reaching out!