Just sharing a few tips for what I do when I'm troubleshooting an API request, either when I'm helping Dropsource users or any time I find myself asking "why isn't my request doing what I expect it to?"
If you're running a request and aren't seeing the results in your app when it runs:
- Check that you are running the request using a Run API Request Action.
- If the request response includes an array, make sure the data source is bound to a dynamic element, and its fields to a child of the dynamic element (e.g. Table / Table Cell, List / List Tile etc).
- Make sure any parameters that will affect the response are bound.
- To find out if the request is returning a response:
- Add a Text View to the page.
- Open the request Events and manage the 200 Event.
- Add a Set Value Action setting the Text View text to a Static Input string saying e.g. "received".
- Run the app and see if the Text View text updates when the request should run.
If the Text View doesn't update, the request response isn't being received. If the Text View does update, alter the Set Value Action to select a field from the API response, via the Event Data container (select a field from the top level of the response first and run the app, then you can try the fields you're trying to display e.g. selecting the length of an array).
And if you can't figure out what's going on, send us a message via the Chat button inside the editor and our developers will help you troubleshoot!