Spreedly API spec - Integrate once and get 120 payment gateways

Ok guys so I tried the Stripe checkout built from a bubble page and display it in a webview in dropsource and it seems to be working.
There is only one annoying issue because of how bubble implemented the stripe checkout for mobile pages.
When you call stripe checkout in bubble on mobile devices it first displays this overlay with a button which you have to click to initiate the checkout.
Anyone familiar with using bubble with stripe checkout on mobile knows what i’m talking about.
You can read this post in the bubble forum to understand why bubble does this.

Anyway here is currently my result. I pass the email and amount from a dropsource page through the webview url parameter.
On my checkout webpage i retrieve these url parameters for making the checkout call.

So discovered some hack to automatically close a webview page a return to dropsource pages.
The trick is that in my checkout page after a payment is successful, i redirect to a new page.
Then in dropsource I add a condition on the webview page event that check if the current url of the webview is different from the orginal url. And if its so i do a Go to page action to close the webview page and get back to my dropsource pages.

Edit:
Don’t worry about the credit card in the screencast above. It’s a stripe testing card so not a real card detail :yum:

Does it make sense to use both Bubble and Backendless together?
Stripe Integration

Thanks for this @seanhoots

Amazing work Sean, this really solves a big problem i think.

Could you include a capture of how you send the email through the webview URL? I am having trouble on that account. - I think others could benefit from that too.

Hi @Asger I will make a new post with details of how I implemented it later.
I’m still cleaning up things a bit.

But the idea is to use a set value action to set the URL of the webview instead of setting it statically in the webview style properties.
This way you’re able to dynamically construct the URL using Append string actions with the page variables holding your url parameters.
As shown below in the On Resume of the webview page, I use a number of Append string actions to construct the url.
Then in thrle final step I use a set value action to set the URL of the webview.

Thats brilliant.

This is how you log the user in as well?

Looking forward to seeing the guide. Hopefully the Dropsource team is showering you with Premium Plans for doing this :upside_down_face:

I’m still researching further on the login because of security concerns.
Generally saving passwords on device and also passing them as url parameters is a security concern.

So unless I can confirm that it is very secure to do it, i wont recommend for now.

What is your use case of wanting to log the user in?

I won’t refuse such a kind gesture from them :smiley: but sincerely i’m not expecting anything like that.

I’ve been very active on bubble too and have published several free plugins which have been used in about 20,000 bubble applications. But i haven’t received anything from them and i don’t expect anything and will continue offering help and publishing free plugins whenever i’m able to.
Its actually fun and satisfying to help random people without any returns.
Try it :smiley:

I want the user to save one card that they can make recurring payments with when they make another purchase. I only want one card, but I want them to be able to change it if need be. From what you have told me it sounds like i need to log them in, in bubble. - I liked what you said about the user being able to see the card they have on file in the app.

I can only imagine what it feels like to have 20k+ people use your work, it must be quite satisfying. Currently don’t possess a level of skill that would allow that though.

By the way, for those who made it this far in the thread, I recommend checking out this Udemy course on how to use Bubble. In Section 6 of that course you will learn how to use the Stripe Plugin and Fetch data from the URL, which is very useful in the use case Sean presents above.

What about saving the Unique User ID in a global variable and then passing that? Technically one can only access that after logging into the app.

Asger

But how will you use thr user id to login.
If all you need is thr user id then that’s shouldn’t be a problem to store on device or pass as url parameter.
There’s nothing really sensitive about the userid

I was thinking that if I have the userid that might be enough to get info pertaining to that user. Or is it strictly necessary to log them in?

It will depend on your privacy setting.
But if you leave your app data open such that you can access it without authentication that means any person can also access your user data.
All one needs to dump your whole database is just your bubble domain name which is a trivial info to obtain

Fair enough. Thats a definite no then! Thanks.

Please let me know if you make progress on logging the user in. If you need help researching something i can maybe contribute as well

How exactly do I pass the email and amount from a dropsource page through the webview url parameter and load the webview page?

@justincrabbe ,

Here is how I did it. You have to use the append string action, and then you just keep going with as many parameters as you need to.

First you do the URL you want to direct to. After the question mark i define my first parameter, which is user_id in this case. I put an equal sign after it. Then i append the device variable that has the user ID to it.

Then in bubble, for example, you can grab that URL parameter like this, in a text box for example:

If you want to send more parameters, you have to indicate you are starting a new parameter with an “&” like here:

In the next append string action, i append the device variable that contains the users email. When you are done appending all your parameters you can use a set value action to the webview URL.